Sunday, February 28, 2010
HUGE thanks goes out to Ally from Vintage Valley who taught me how to add songs to my blog.. so excited ! This song by Train has been playing in my head all day, it just puts me in the best mood <3 thought I'd share it with my lovely readers!
Anyway, til tomorrow when it's light here , hope you sleep well, or have a great day!
Went out to a friend's birthday last night :D Just thought I'd share what I wore with you all, terrible shot of me but that's not what's important ;) Also made some yummy happy pancakes for Sunday Breakfast with friends :D
Sorry I've not been more dedicated to the posts lately, I'm finishing off an summer unit assignment and have an exam soon X0 eep! Next weekend I'll be free as a bird. Can't wait :D
Anyway, hope you're all having a great weekend, making the most of the weather,
<3 always Lily
here's a close up shot of the earrings so you can see them a bit better! xoxoxo <3
Friday, February 26, 2010
I really mean that - frightful. It was 42 degrees celsius yesterday! So while everyone else outside was schmelting in the heat, i thought i would look at my weardrobe winter wardrobe and whisk myself off to a winter wonderland.
Hope you are all well, Big shout out to the gorgeous Irene (http://sihijau.wordpress.com/) who came and said hello from weardrobe world. Terimah Kasih banyak Irene!
Love to you all :D keep popping in,
Posted by Ally at Friday, February 26, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Things have been getting crazy busy at the moment catching up with friends and family alike, including uni friend's as we've realised the uni year is about to officially begin and we haven't caught up !
Anyway I feel terribly guilty about not having had a chance to upload photo's, and I know not everyone here is from weardrobe, so I thought I'd upload some of my weardrobe photo's, hope you like :D More soon, <3 Lily
Monday, February 22, 2010
So today is the first day back at uni, and I don't know if any of you guys do this, but every year without fail, I'll say to myself " this year is going to be different, I'm going to be so organised, I'm going to go to every class, got all my wicked stationery (because in my mind, if you have cool stationery, of course you'll be a more dedicated student, right?)and hand in all my assignments on time. Okay, well that last one I've already given up in my head. But I love it when uni starts at the beginning of the year because the whole place is filled with bright-eyed first years all filled with such hope and wonder at being at university. By the time you get to 4th year, this wonder has long gone and you're biggest concern is whether the lectures will be put on the net so you can ditch class and watch them at exam time when you go " ohh shit, I really should have looked at this before now".
The weather today was fantastic, so I decided to embrace the summer and went with a maxi skirt that my sister gave me along with a gorgeous forever new bolero that my fiance bought for me <3 ! Photo is coming along as soon as I get home to upload it.
Anyway, hope you guys are going great, wherever you are in the world, and that all your cool stationery does wonders for you this year.
Posted by Ally at Monday, February 22, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
Day 5 of the closet challenge, and I'm still having loads of fun with it all. Today's outfit is another feminine one.. I seem to be going down this path at the moment. I'll try to mix it up next time : )
Meanwhile, I was watching the olympics last night with one of my girlfriends, and I noticed that after half an hour of watching, it didn't matter which sport, I seemed to turn into some sort of subject matter expert and start talking as if I've been watching for years!.. " ooh yes, nice speed.. oooh bad technique there, he'll lose points for that" hilarious considering that I've only seen snow a handful of times in my life!
Hope you're also having a great time watching the olympics, wherever you are in the world !
Posted by Ally at Friday, February 19, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Day 4 of the closet challenge, this is one of my favourite sun dresses, I love the blue print, it makes it seem so vintage, love!
Meanwhile, I wanted to share my latest finds on the beauty side of things.
1. Benefit: Bad Gal Lash mascara. I'd already tried the Benefit Get Bent mascara and found it to be pretty awesome, so when I spotted this cheap on ebay, I jumped at the chance. It's actually really similar in formulation to it's Get Bent sister, but of course the brush isn't angular. I wear it over a mascara primer and it works better than a lot of the other one's on the market, even my Diorshow which had been my fave before it.
2. Maybelline dream liquid mousse: This stuff is brilliant! I have to say, I don't usually wear foundation, and if I do, it's MAC so this baby ( I thought) had to do some pretty big persuading. I won't be buying any other foundation. THAT good. it kind of fills things in so you're left with a natural looking smooth surface. Wicked.
3. Herbal Essences: Hello hydration. Decided to try this one after noticing the difference in my Aunty's hair using it. Being blonde, using blonde shampoo's can get very drying. The first thing I noticed was how soft my hair became straightaway.. a great thing seeing as during my holiday, to say it copped a lot of abuse would be an understatement! A week later and my hair feels much better, and the best part - it smells delicious!
More soon, hope you're having a great time,
Posted by Ally at Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Day 3 of the closet challenge and sorry about not having a photo, I'll upload one later today for both of the days, and this is a weardrobe pic in the meantime. Truth be told, I went swimming last night and came home in no state for a photo, drowned rat wasn't in style last time i checked!
So today I'm asking you guys, what advice would you give to a younger you? Please, let me know I think it's fascinating! Here's mine, kind of life principles I suppose:
1. Things are only stressful if you stress about them. I learnt this one from our driver when we went on a holiday to Phuket recently. He was the most amazing man with the most amazing story. I don't want to ramble too much, but he'd come from the mainland knowing nobody and set up a jet ski business on patong only 5 days before the Boxing Day tsunami hit. On the day of the tsunami, he was on the beach and when the tide went out, he hurried to 2 Aussies who he'd driven from the airport to the hotel the night before, and took them to higher ground. When they went back later, the entire resort was washed away. When I said "gosh i can't believe you lost your whole business" he just shrugged it off in typical Thai manner, " it's okay, I just do what I can". Since then he's started up what he calls the " enjoy life club" which helps other people who like him have come to phuket knowing noone and helps them get set up and offers financial assistance and such. It's funny how we often get caught up in things like " argh my hair is just not doing what i want today" and here's a guy who lost his friends and his business and he's like "you know, you just keep going, no stress".
2. Don't judge people, because you don't know the full story.
My sister had this lady come into her work one day, obviously distraught but she tried to go about getting her groceries anyway. People stopped in the aisles and just looked at her, so her behaviour was obviously attracting a bit of attention. One of the other girls my sister worked with made some nasty comment about it all. Later, the lady came through my sister's register and said "That's my son on the front page of the newspaper,we lost him in a car accident last night." Man, didn't the other girl feel like crap. See you never know who someone may turn out to be, or what there story will be.
3. On a much lighter note: Top of the range in a middle range store is generally a lot better than middle of the range at a top of the range store. This goes for lots of things, we recently went looking for couches and found this rang especially true. Wish I had learnt this a lot earlier, it's served me very well.
4. The fact that you are real makes up for any amount of stretchmarks, scars, lumps or bumps that you have ( or think you have). What makes you attractive isn't just what you look like, it's your smile, your laugh, the way you carry yourself, your good nature, your personality. I might sound a bit like a self esteem book for teens, but it's true. Guys everywhere are seemingly in love with Miranda Kerr at the moment. But when you ask them what it is about her - not one of them I've talked to has said her body. They've all said it's her smile, or the way she is so flirty and happy all the time, her body language. So there you go girls.
5. Everything is folding out the way it is supposed to, even if it doesn't seem like it right now. Along the " everything happens for a reason" line, there have been so many times in life, when at the time I've thought " why is this happening??!" only years later to look back and feel like i know the answer. Big lesson! So even when things seem really shit, ride it out, because something really great might come out of it.
Sorry this is so long! Please share your thoughts, what you would say.
Hope you're having a wonderful time today wherever you are in the world. <3 Lily.
Posted by Ally at Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Day 2 of my closet challenge and today was nice and warm, so I went with this floral blue dress from Dotti. It's one of these things that I've nearly donated so many times, only to rediscover its femininity and have a change of heart at the last minute. If I'm looking really tired, sorry, I was at uni studying for a bit today.
Hope all your clothes get a second chance! Love Lily.
Posted by Ally at Monday, February 15, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Happy Valentine's Day everyone, hope that wherever you are in the world, that you're spending the day with someone special to you. For me today, that meant one of my girlfriend's coming round for Sunday breakfast, as both our partner's had work, and it seemed too depressing to just sit at home listening to the radio play an endless list of love songs and soppy messages of love with nothing a big tub of cookies and cream icecream to make me feel better about being alone.
I got this red top from Old Navy literally years ago and this is the only real time of year that it ever seems to see daylight. I always feel a bit funny about wearing a V day themed top because I think for everyone not with someone, this must be the most annoying time of year under the sun. The day should be about celebrating love, not about chocolates and oooh did he take you to the most expensive restaurant in town? So here we go, here's looking to love, today and every other day of the year. and I have lots of it for you guys. <3 Lily.
Posted by Ally at Sunday, February 14, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Maybe it's the fact that I've been away from uni too long over semester break, or maybe it's the fact that I've been inspired by other fashion bloggers on weardrobe, and watching too much community channel on youtube, but today I decided to exercise those creative juices ( let me rephrase.. find/ create some creative juices) and start my own blog. Apologies beforehand for my not having a clue at what I'm doing, hopefully I'll pick it up as I go.What can I say, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!
Chinese New Year today! Gong Xi Fa Cai! Hope you're going wonderfully wherever you are in the world. I love Chinese New Year, there's such a buzz around, it's like everyone gets to have a second Christmas. Double buzz because the Winter Olympics also began today ( well at least in Australia) and don't ask me why, I don't know what it is, but everytime there is an olympics, I become filled with hope for humanity and get all pepped up on olympic spirit. What an amazing ceremony!! I think I just sat there with my hands clasped to the sides of my face the whole time.. Stand out moment was the whales, and the Northern lights with the cutout of the mountains, incredible.
So being a weardrobee, most of this blog will revolve around styles and looks, and things that I've seen and picked up around the web which I think are pretty cool and quirky. I've set myself a challenge to wear a different piece from my wardrobe each day, starting tomorrow on Valentine's day. I'll try to remember to take pictures and upload every day so you guys can check it out, and perhaps sometimes have a bit of a giggle at how out of touch I am with fashion!
Huge thanks to Hot Bliggity Blog for the background, check them out sometime!
Anyway guys, til tomorrow, keep having fun : )
Posted by Ally at Saturday, February 13, 2010