Thursday, April 22, 2010

Repost: Bringing back Lily


So some of you guys will remember my old blog which I regretfully shut down because people I knew found out about it, and I felt that I could no longer express myself and share things with the same level of openness as I had when the blog was just shared with other bloggers.

Now, I can tell you a bit more of the story. Someone within my outer circle of friends, and we all have them, a frenemy, found my blog. Once I knew this, though I tried not to let it get to me, it stayed in the back of my mind, and where previously I had been free, for example to take snaps of my fashion despite looking quite terrible, I now felt like I should in a way censor myself and I found it difficult to post pictures of outfits because I felt like they weren't good enough.

But when I left the Girl Who Came Gift Wrapped, I realised that for me, the blog wasn't about the outfits that I posted, and the posts that I wrote. What I missed was hearing from you guys, hearing about your own worlds, hearing your opinions and being able to share things that I love with you, like the Sculptures by the Sea and that sort of thing. I missed looking at the posts and seeing your sweet sweet comments. Why should one person's judging make all of that go away?

The stand out moment in bringing me back was my fiance when he found out I'd stopped the Girl Who Came Gift Wrapped (he loves reading my blog, funny boy). He came into our room where I was reading Pride and Prejudice to cheer myself up, gave me a huge hug and pulled my chin up to look at him, and said " Since when have you ever been a quitter?" that was all he needed to say,

Anyway, so welcome back gorgeous readers, here we go, second edition!

Hope you are having a beautiful day, wherever you are in the world!

<3Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment