Saturday, April 9, 2011
Things I love about Seattle
2am and I've just got off the phone to Luly Yang.. God I can't wait to get back to Seattle, there are so many things that I love about that beautiful city. Totally surreal experience talking about my wedding dress' progress too. Still can't believe I'm having a one off dress made for me, amazing!
Things I miss about Seattle, somehow they've mostly ended up being about food!
1. my Family - totally worth those hours spent in the air to get there!
2. Cherry pop tarts - you should have seen my little eyes light up when I saw a gigantic box of these bad boys at Costco for 7.49... no wonder I put on 2 and a half inches on my waist while i was there!
3. Chai lattes are just SO much better in America.. my dear Australia - honey is for lemon tea, and people with colds, not for heaping into chai!
4. Seattle library. Middle of Winter and it amazed me how light and airy it seemed in there...perfect for studying while I'm back in the holidays. Probably a lot of the reason why I love Seattle so much too, any city that spends that much money on a library and the arts is okay in my book :)
5.Chinese massages by real chinese people hidden away in older shopping centres and spots you would never even know existed otherwise.
6. Ferry boats. Of course ;) This also might explain why I'm so in love with harbor master !
7. American shops: Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret and Nordstrom in particular - should be even better this next time, as the Aussie dollar makes everything even cheaper!
8. Guido's - quite possibly my favourite Italian Restaurant in the world, on par with Phuket's " La Trattoria at Laguna. I could become morbidly obese if I didn't live more than a plane ride away from these places!
9. The nature - The huge pine trees, the snow capped mountains that just pop up out of nowhere, the distance, the hills, the lakes, Seattle is so pretty - oh and North Bend ! This will be my first time going in the Summer, so I'm hoping I get to get my Bear Grylls on and do some hiking!
10. The Space needle! along with Petronas twin towers in KL, one of my favourite looking buildings.
11. Raspberry Iridescent m& m's and Passionfruit Malibu
12. Costco - i know i said American shops, but I think the sheer size of Costco means it deserves it's own special mention - also the huggggge pizza slices make me feel like i'm a little child again they're so big
So many, many things, but I thought I'd better stop myself at 12! Anyway, I'll post some pics of what I've been wearing tomorrow :)
hope you've all been having a fantastic weekend, wherever you are in the world
Posted by Ally at Saturday, April 09, 2011